Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kidney Biopsy...

Well, as many of you know, during my pregnancy with Cannon I found out that my kidney's weren't working right (unrelated to pregnancy). I went through a slew of test and found out that my kidney's are cleaning my blood right, but for some reason I still loose a lot of protein. The doctor told me I could have a kidney biopsy to find out why, or I could just be monitored every 6-12 months to make sure my kidney's weren't failing.

After a lot of prayer, fasting, and pondering I decided to have the biopsy. So on Monday morning I checked into Utah Valley Hospital for a 24 hour stay. The procedure went well, but I wasn't allowed to get out of bed for the rest of the day so they could monitor all my vital signs. It's really hard for me to sit still all day so I was feeling frustrated, but the worst part of the whole experience can be summed up in two words...."bed pan." Let's just say I have a renewed appreciation for the work that nurses do.

On Tuesday morning the doctor gave me the all clear and I was allowed to go home. Jason was a very good husband. He took care of the kids and let me take a long nap and relax. My good friend Cara brought us dinner last night, which I appreciated more than she knows. Thank you Cara! The doctor told me I need to take it easy for a few days, but with three kids that's kind of hard. I feel like someone punched me in the back and I'm still tired, but overall I'm feeling pretty good.

I have an appointment with the doctor on Monday to find out the results. We are praying that they discover the problem and that something can be done. When I find out the results I'll let you all know. Thanks for all of your prayers!

6 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Wow, Debbie! That is rough! You will be in our prayers. Keep us updated.

Leah said...

Thank you SO much for sharing! I've been wondering, but I didn't want to get nosey! Please let me know how I can help!

Kelly said...

Hope everything turns out o.k. You're in my prayers.

Lemon Family said...

I had no idea. We will keep you in our prayers.

Michael and Kari said...

We'll be thinking of you and praying for you Debbie. Savana told Jared something was wrong with "her mom's stomach." I didn't realize you were going through this. I hope you get good news. Waiting is always the hardest part. Hang in there!

Jewel said...

Hey Debbie,
I guess blogging is a good way to pass the time if you are supposed to be staying away from housework etc. right!
I will check back with you soon.