Friday, January 23, 2009

Sugar and Spice...

...and everything nice! Yesterday my friend Mieka and I threw a baby shower for our friend, Emily. Emily is due in February with her first little girl. We had so much fun getting everything ready for the shower. We invited 67 ladies from our ward and hoped that we would at least get half of them to come and we did! It was so much fun to just get together and chat and give our advice to the new mom to be. Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by, and to those who brought gifts by ahead of time.

Emily & Me / Mieka, her cute little boy Dane, & Emily

Mieka was kind enough to host the event at her house. We thought it would be fun to use Valentine colors. Mieka made these fun puff balls to hang from the ceiling. They looked great!

I didn't get a picture with all of the food out on the table, but you get the idea.

Thanks Ladies!

7 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Debbie: How did she make the puff balls? I am hosting a shower on Valentine's Day and I'm looking for ideas!

Cindy Smith said...

How fun, I haven't been to a baby shower for ages... cute idea to do Valentines colors for this time of year.

Me, Myself and I said...

Is there a better Visiting Teacher in the WORLD!! Don't think so!! Thank you for reminding ALL of us what it means to truly understand that it's not just about visiting once a month....but it's about building friendships and relationships with the people in our lives....the people who need us!! Darling decorations!! What a CUTE idea........

Mieka said...

I had so much fun doing this with you. I think we make a great team!

Leah said...

It turned out SO cute! I'm SO sorry I missed actually going. I got off work late and have Very sick kiddos! Glad you all had fun!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Debs you are such a Superstar!
Looks really really cute. What a fun night.
Thanks for sharing.
Pam

Cara said...

You guys did great! I was decorated so cute, the food was great, and of course the company was awesome! Good job.