Yesterday Jason got to celebrate another wonderful year of life. Unfortunately for Jason, his birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, and on Wednesdays I babysit three extra kids from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. I have been feeling a little under the weather the last few days, so adding extra kids to the mix just made the day that much longer. Don't get me wrong, the kids I watch are great, but 3 extra kids, plus my 3 kids = one tired Mommy!
So I asked the birthday boy if he would like a cake, and he said "No." For those of you who aren't aware, Jason has become quite the health conscience person lately. He exercises 6 days and week and eats a very healthy diet. I don't even try to keep up with him anymore. So instead of birthday cake, He decided to splurge on a "skinny cow" ice cream sandwich. So I arranged a "skinny cow" for each of us on a plate, stuck a candle in the middle and called it good......boy did I sure get off easy with that one!!!
Jason also decided he wanted a Cafe Rio salad for dinner, which was great because that also meant I didn't have to cook dinner. While he ran to Cafe Rio to pick up his salad I made the kids some Quesadillas at home, no we aren't cheap (okay we are), but the kids don't like Cafe Rio food. I'm actually not a Cafe Rio fanatic myself, SHOCKING I know! Jas and I just always share a salad, or should I say I just eat a little bit of Jason's salad. I don't know how anyone can eat one of those salads in one sitting by themselves.
Anyways, while Jas was getting the Salad, Sidney accidentally knocked a glass cup off of the counter onto the hard tile floor. It shattered EVERYWHERE! To make matters worse the glass was still half-full (or should I be optimistic and say at least the glass was half-empty....ha ha!) It took me until Jason got back to clean up the mess.
After dinner I put Cannon in the bathtub. I went to my room to put on my P.J.'s real quick and to my horror I hear Cannon screaming, "Oh no, poopie.....oh no....oh no!"
I run back to the bathroom only to find blobs of poop floating EVERYWHERE in the tub. It couldn't just be one solid blob....oh no! To make matters worse he was trying to catch it with his hands in order to stop it. Then he tried to grab onto me because he wanted to get as far away from the poop as possible. Needless to say, it took me quite awhile to clean up that mess and sanitize the bathtub.
While all the poop trauma was going on Jason read with the girls and helped them with homework. He is such a good dad. I feel bad that he didn't get to do anything exciting for his birthday. I was planning on getting the kids ready for bed all by myself and reading with the girls so he could have a break, but I think he understood that I was "so done" by the end of the day.
I'm so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man.
I LOVE YOU BABE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!



5 comments:
Happy B-Day Jason!! WE all love you!! Skinny Cows ROCK!!
Happy birthday Jason!
Debbie, it sounds like you could use a day of your own right about now! Or at least one without any "accidents". :)
Yikes! Sounds like an adventure.
Sorry to hear the day got so crazy, I'm hope Jason had a happy birthday anyway. (Even if it does remind me that I'm about to turn 33 as well.)
Hopefully after a good nights sleep you can re-read this and laugh.
Loves
Pam
this is sierra well I have a new blog that is open to everyone it is:
www.lovetobeamonkeylover.blogger.com (it means I like monkeys not what you may think.)
I am laughing....sorry. =) Happy Birthday Jason. Hopefully you had a great nights sleep to recoop from the day.
Post a Comment