I've started a trend on Valentine's day that I wish to extinguish as soon as possible. For the last two years I've been sick on Valentine's day. I always seem to get the coughing, congestive, junk this time of year. So thanks to my illness this post is late, but I hope the rest of you all had a great day.
On Friday, Savana and Sidney exchanged Valentines at school and had a great day. I spent most of the day on the couch feeling guilty that I didn't have the energy to make my traditional heart shaped sugar cookies. My mom always made sugar cookies on Valentine's day and it's a tradition I want to continue for my kids. Well, while I was taking a nap my cute friend Mieka left some heart sugar cookies on my doorstep, and a few hours later my great next door neighbors, the Jessops, brought over another plate of delicious heart sugar cookies. They must have been inspired because their thoughtfulness made my day.
Sidney came home from school singing the cutest little Valentine song. We got to listen to it over and over for the next few days! I've included a cute video of her song at the bottom of this post.
On Saturday (V-day) I was still feeling crummy so we didn't do anything exciting. Poor Jason ventured out to Costco to get the family necessities. If any of you know my husband, you know that going to Costco on a Saturday is something he will NEVER do, so I've concluded that he must REALLY LOVE ME!
The highlight of the day was when the kids received packages in the mail from Grandma Elaine. She sent the kids some Valentine candy and some cute little monkeys. Sidney said, "I've always always wanted a monkey like this!!!" (Thank you Grandma Elaine)
Well I'm finally starting to feel human again. I'm still not 100%, but I'll take anything I can get. Happy Late Valentine's Day!



6 comments:
So dang cute. You'll be so glad that you taped her cute little voice. Allison used to sing the sweetest little Halloween song and I kept telling myself "I need to video her singing that!" Well, I never did, and though I bet she still remembers the words, it's just not same when she's 13 as it was when she was 5. So glad you're back to normal! You do so much for your cute family...I'm sure they missed you.
I LOVE that Sid says Valentimes.
So dang cute.
Hopefully next year you can be healthy. Glad you are on the healing side of it.
Pam
CUTE VALENTINES!! I am SO glad you are feeling better! Jason was such a GOOD sport! It's funny because Joel and Cass go to Costco every Saturday - ON PURPOSE>...they LOVE THOSE SAMPLES!! Happy Valentines Day!!
So cute! I hope you are feeling better soon... maybe you can go out next weekend, and avoid the Valentines crowds at the restaurants.
Hi guys! It was so great seeing you today at church! I'd love to get together with you soon!!
Super cute! My kids keep clicking on Sidney singing her song.
Post a Comment