Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring Break/Easter!

I'm finally posting spring break! This year for spring break (April 11-18) we went to Arizona to visit my sister, Jessica. My Mom helped me drive with the kids because Jason was in California working. Jason drove from California to meet us for Easter and then he had to come back home and work. We had a fabulous time. The weather was windy and a little cooler than I expected a few of the days, but nothing like the snow storm we missed back at home.

Jason and Joel took the kids to Makutus Island on Saturday afternoon. Makutus is sort of like Boondocks in Utah. The kids had a blast!

Saturday evening we dyed Easter eggs. Jessica bought all sorts of fun stickers and glitter to make the eggs look pretty. The kids had a great time trying to find them all on Easter Sunday. We went to church before Jason had to leave. I made everyone pose for a family picture so we could remember the day. It was such a treat to go to Relief Society for two reasons: First, I have been in primary for the last few years and I've really missed Relief Society. Second, My amazing sister was the teacher and did an incredible job on her lesson! I'm so glad I got to listen to her teach.




Savana and Sidney got new dresses for Easter. They aren't exactly Easter colors, but I thought they looked adorable.


We also took a trip to the Mall with some of my cousins and the kids got to ride the carousel. Cannon was really excited until I put him up on the horse. He freaked out when it started to move at first, but then he calmed down and enjoyed the rest of the ride.



We took several trips to the park, which the kids just loved. We also got to see my aunt Susie. It was a new experience for my kids to be around someone with mental handicaps. They asked a lot of questions, and it was a great teaching opportunity to remind them that we are all different and have different challenges. We love our Susie!


During the week Jess and Mom watched Cannon so I could take the girls to see the new Hannah Montana Movie! We all loved it. It was so fun to hand out with my girls!
To top off our great week we went to Cassie's school Carnival. It was quite the event. They had about 5 big bounce houses, a hayride, snow cones, and tons of fun activities. Cannon liked the bounce house the best until he saw the big fire truck drive up. He thought that was pretty great to get up inside the truck like a real fireman. We had such a great time. Thanks Jess and Joel for being such great hosts.






5 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Awesome pictures, those Easter dresses are darling, and I'm actually surprised at how good Suzie looks. I totally miss her tons. It's always an adventure to hang out with aunt Suzie. And that school carnival looks like a blast, our school carnival was a total bust this year.
Glad you guys had so much fun and made it home safely.
Pam

Me, Myself and I said...

Memories.......Wish you guys were STILL HERE!! I miss you EVERY second of EVERY day!! LOVE YOU GUYS!! And hey....The one of me an Suzie should be for PRIVATE VIEWING ONLY!!!! NOT BLOG APPROPRIATE!!!!!

LOVE YA!!!

Leah said...

Looks like a fun springbreak!

Cindy Smith said...

You guys really lived it up! Maybe next year we will have to visit Arizona for our spring break!

Lemon Family said...

Going somewhere for Spring Break is the best. You have some darling pictures.