Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dancing Divas

Savana and Sidney had their spring Dance Recital today! They did such a great job! They have both progressed so much since the beginning of the year. First they did dance steps across the floor to show us the different techniques they've been working on. Then they did a dance to the song "Popular" from Wicked.
I felt bad after the performance when Savana and Sidney asked me where their flowers were? A lot of the other Moms brought flowers for their girls. I guess I'm just a loser Mom because I didn't even think to do that. It was just a small recital and they only did one dance so I personally didn't think flowers were necessary, but I guess I was wrong. We decided to take them out to get frozen yogurt in lieu of flowers and they eventually conceded.
On the way home from getting frozen yogurt Cannon started complaining that his tummy hurt: "I sick Mom. My tummy hurts." I didn't think too much of it until we got home and he threw-up all over the couch!!! Poor kid. At first I was concerned that the frozen yogurt made him sick, (when Cannon was younger he couldn't handle dairy products) but then I remembered that some kids in our neighborhood have had the throw-up bug so I'm guessing he was hit by the bug. After we got him all cleaned up he was acting fine, so I really hope I don't have to deal with more puke tonight!!!



Sidney is in the front in a pink leotard. Savana is in the back on the left side in black. Their teacher was right in the way so it's kind of hard to see Savana.

9 comments:

The Howards said...

So cute! That is the cutest thing i have ever seen. when are they having a concert wanna come?

Lemon Family said...

They were cute, that's for sure!

Leslie said...

They look so grown up and beautiful. How fun for them (and you) to be able to be in the same class. You know how much I love the big show, but I feel obligated to go see it ALL THREE NIGHTS this year. Ugh! I would love to see my daughter do a cute little dance like your girls did, instead of spending 12 hours this coming weekend trying to get past Gina. Let me know if you want a ride or need a place saved.

Me, Myself and I said...

You have some DARN GOOD DANCERS!! They both did such a good job! They are both VERY coordinated! I still laugh when I remember Cassie's dance recital......a dancer she is NOT....but she ROCKS at Karate!! Stinkin' cute kids!!

Cindy Smith said...

Your girls are growing up so fast, is that makeup I see??? :) They are adorable, as always. Wish we could have seen them dance.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

So cute! How fun they get to dance together. Love the cute close up of there faces. They look so big, especially Savana.
And I have to say I'm impressed at how well they both dance. Brings back a ton of memories.
I love going to The Big Show, but have decided to pass this year. I don't think my hips can sit that long right now.
Thanks for posting the video!
Pam

Shay said...

Poor Cannon! I HATE the throw ups! what a happy day when kids learn to make it to the toilet!

Lyndsay said...

You clearly have two talented dancers in the fam! I am truly impressed!

Michael and Kari said...

Such cute little girls! So fun!