*Notice the new T.V. we purchased to complete the look, a major improvement.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
What I've been up to...
For the past two years I've wanted to update my built-in entertainment center, but I've been afraid to do it. Well, I finally took the plunge and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. This project ended up taking a lot longer than I thought thanks to the drying time of oil-based paint. For three weeks my house was torn apart in a huge mess and Christmas decorating was delayed, but it was so worth it. Check out the before and after pictures. (Special thanks to my sisters for inspiring me, Jason's Uncle Kent for putting up the trim, my family for letting me overtake every inch of counter/table space with painted boards, and to my good friend Mieka who helped me glaze the bead-board.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Amazing, Debbie! Can you come to our house and renovate?
Beautiful! It's like a whole new piece of furniture! I've been thinking of painting our piano, maybe I should jump in like you did and just do it.
I just realized your posts weren't updating on my blog so I was going through all your old posts, don't know why it did that but I'm bummed cuz I love reading everyones posts and I just thought you hadn't written any for a while. Glad to see you have had some fun times!
Turned out sooo cute.
Love it!
I'm inspired, you've got my little creative wheels (*very little creative wheels) turning.
Love the updated school pictures as well. Darling as always.
Pam
um... wow. that's awesome. I'm gonna have to call you to get the details for how you did this. I want to update now.
Post a Comment