In July of 2005 we took Savana and Sidney on this same hike. Sidney had just turned two, so Jason and I took turns carrying her in the back pack. This time Cannon got to ride in the back pack, but Jason did all the carrying….man that kid is heavy!
The hike is about 4 miles round trip and it was a long uphill hike for kids. Towards the end Savana and Sidney were whining because their legs hurt and they wanted to turn around, but Jason kept saying, “It’s just a little further, we’re almost there.” Jason finally bribed the girls and told them that if he didn’t hear any more whining they could pick out a treat from the store when we got home. That seemed to work pretty well. Cannon had a nice nap while Jason carried him in the backpack, so we didn’t hear any whining from him. (-:
Savana and Sidney were so proud of themselves when we finally reached the top. Their second wind kicked in and they didn’t complain about having to hike back down. On the way back down Sidney entertained us with her own original songs….it was very cute!
We also came across two hunters on horseback, all decked out in their orange of course. Cannon saw the horses and said, “I want to ride!” When Jason told him that those weren’t our horses and so we couldn’t ride them Cannon said, “No fair!” That caught Jason off guard. I guess two year olds pick up a lot from older siblings.
We made it back to the car and enjoyed a beautiful ride through the canyon. The Fall colors were absolutely gorgeous. Jason stopped at the store so the girls could pick out a treat and all was well. I’m so proud of my kids for doing so well. It was not an easy hike for them. I even think they would do it again!



4 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend activity! Great weather for it! I wish we had a backpack like that - we really ought to invest in one!
Wow, I am impressed, that is a big hike for little ones! Way to go! Looks beautiful too.
How fun! We've never done that hike...actually, we've never done a lot of hikes...but that looked great. Maybe we'll try it sometime. Next summer your kids should be old enough to do the Timp cave hike. Allison was only 3 when we did it and she went all the way up and down by herself. Pretty soon I expect photos of your whole family on a biking trek!
Looks like a fun day! You got some great pictures!
Post a Comment