On September 25 we went to the carnival at Savana and Sidney's school. The carnival is the annual PTA fundraiser to earn money for the school. The girls were really excited to attend, but it ended up being so crowded and the lines were so long that we didn't even get to use half of our tickets. Not to mention it was dark. The poor volunteers doing the face painting could barely see what they were doing. I don't consider it a waste of money, because it all goes towards education. It just would have been fun to actually use the tickets we purchased.
In my rush to get out the door to help at the hot dog stand I forgot my camera. My cute friend Cara took these pictures for me. The pony ride was the only thing Cannon got to do before Jason decided he was done chasing him everywhere, and took him home. I think the girls still had a good time.






7 comments:
What?! My family's horses will be so jealous your kids have found alternative horses to ride.
Looks like the kids still had a great time! Sorry you didn't get to use all your tickets! I agree - I thought it was funny they didn't get started until 4:30, when it gets pretty dark by 7:00.
We didn't get to use our tickets either. By the end I was trying to just buy things like glow sticks and yo yo's. Oh well, the boys loved it. Happy belated birthday! I'll be the big 3-0 this December and looking forward to it!
Super cute horse pictures!
I also like that Somewhere Over the Rainbow version. And Cobie Caillat's voice.
You should go to the PTA meetings sometime. I went last time and they were talking about whether the punch cards were a good idea or not.
Cute photos, isn't it nice nowadays that when you forget your camera there is usually someone who can email you their photos... that was nice of them.
At least you got Jason to go to the carnival. Brendan loves those as much as he loves parades and root canals. But we have to remember that having party pooper husbands sometimes means they're extra great in lots of other areas.
Post a Comment