Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finally!

After months of waiting we finally got our concrete done this week. Thanks to my youngest brother’s (Brian) work connections we were able to get the extra concrete from one of Geneva Rocks jobs, so it ended up being only a fraction of the cost. Of course it was a rainy day, but luckily it didn’t rain too hard.

Brian and Jason had originally decided they could take on the job themselves (how hard could it be, right?), but thank heavens Brian’s work buddy Bob was there to save the day. Bob showed Brian and Jason what to do and literally saved the day. Thank you Bob!

It turned out pretty good for armatures. I guess only time will tell just how good it really is. Thanks again Brian for making this possible.

Cannon was glued to the window the whole time the truck was there.



Bob let my cute nephew Jack sit in the big Cement Truck, but as you can see Jack didn't really like that idea.



Jack and Lauren stopped by to see all the action (and to see why Brian was taking so long.)




Cannon and Brian tried to leave a lasting foot print to be remembered by. (-:



Good Job Boys!

6 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Holy Cow looks awesome!
That's gotta feel good to have done.
Now that you guys are all pros. You can come help us do the side of our driveway that is still little rocks.

:-)
Pam

Me, Myself and I said...

WAHOO!! It is SO nice that you got it done before the snow hit hard and you had to deal with a huge mud puddle all winter long!! It looks great!! Good job boys!!

Leslie said...

I love the picture of cute little Cannon perched up on the washing machine. What a bit project to finally have done. Congrats!

Cindy Smith said...

Looks great! What a project! Cement is one job I've always been afraid to tackle...it's so permanent, but it looks like they did awesome.

Michael and Kari said...

It looks so good! I'm so jealous! So nice to have that extra parking now! Good job!

Cara said...

Yeah....you finally got it done! I'm sure your loving it....except it's just more cement to shovel...hee hee. Love it!