Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! We had breakfast in the morning with the Hadley family, and then a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my family in the late afternoon. Brendan and Leslie were the hosts this year, which was great for us because they only live about a mile away from us.

It was great to spend the day with loved ones and reflect on all the many blessings I've been given. I have so much to be grateful for. From the Garbage man who hauls away my trash every week, to the roof over my head, and my family who will always love me despite my shortcomings. I'm especially grateful for the gospel and the plethora of blessings that it brings me. Thanks to everyone in my life for all you do!


All of the cousins had a blast playing games together.
Jake played football with all the younger cousins. He even held the football for Cannon so he could practice kicking. I think Jake has now become Cannon's favorite cousin.
Brendan did a great job on the Turkey and potatoes. I contributed by bringing a relish tray and homemade "big hunk" candy to munch on.

Cannon didn't have any pie, but he sure loved the ice cream!

Jason passed much of the day playing Guitar Hero, one of his favorites! Cannon pretended to play too.

Jordan and Ed played more video games in the main family room and Wendy and Lauren had a good time chatting.

Of course Joe is always up for a game of Chess.

13 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

What an INCREDIBLY wonderful Thanksgiving!! I missed you ALL!! Looks like you were able to make some WONDERFUL memories!!!

Elaine Page said...

Thanks again for sharing! Made my evening!

South County Ciclista said...

Nice Pics! Looks like you had a great time. Jason looks a little too zoned in on the guitar hero.

The Howards said...

ok take that picture off of your blog right now not cute! The one of me.

Lyndsay said...

Debbie--have you gotten addicted to Guitar Hero yet?
Jason--what level do you play at and are you ready for a rock off?

Cindy Smith said...

Looks like we missed another good one, thanks for sharing the pics!

youngsters said...

Oh so fun! I miss the good old days when we would always get together for Thanksgiving. Hey...I don't have your e-mail address but if you by chance have any addresses of your siblings could you please e-mail them to me jmyoung28@cox.net...I'm trying to gear up for the x-mas cards. Thanks!

Leslie said...

I should have just cut and copied your post to my blog! You did a great job capturing the memories of the day. Thanks so much for all your help! It was so fun for everyone!

Leah said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day!

youngsters said...

Hey I never got the addresses that you e-mailed. Send them to jmyoung28@cox.net ?? Thanks! :)

Cara said...

What a great day! Your girls school pictures are adorable. I need some lessons on how to do cute hair-due's on girls.

monkeygirl said...

Man I wish I was there!!! that looks SO fun- I miss you guys!!! Utah must be so fun...
-sierra-
(ps. if you want to get on my blog the password is raragirl)

monkeygirl said...

wait- does telling you my password help?