Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year. The day started out early because I had to get all three kids ready and be to the school by 9:30 a.m. for the Halloween parade. It was so fun to see all of the creative costumes. Savana decided she wanted to be a pirate this year, and Sidney opted for Tinker Bell (Thanks to Aunt Pam for making that possible). Cannon was a fire fighter because I borrowed a free costume from my Sister-in-law. I think their costumes turned out great!



After the parade I came home and got things ready for Sidney's class party. Then I headed to the school to help out, while my sweet next door neighbor watched Cannon for me. Sidney's class party went great. We had four different stations with fun activities and then a few group activities. I was in charge of the station where we made spooky Halloween necklaces with black yarn and Apple Jacks Cereal.

While I was helping at the school my wonderful Dad picked up Jason at the airport for me. It was a long week with Jason gone. We were all excited to see him after school.

Another great surprise when we got home were two packages that Grandma Elaine sent for the kids. The girls couldn't wait to tear them open. Savana and Sidney each got a beautiful Barbie and Cannon got his first toy gun. A very noisy gun I might add. Cannon thought it was great, but Mom and Dad weren't to upset when he threw it on the ground and broke a few pieces off. It is still working for now.

We then headed to Spanish Fork to my sister's house for Dinner and trick-or-treating. We decided it would be fun to have all the cousins go trick-or-treating together this year, and Pam and Dan generously volunteered their home. The kids had a blast. Cannon was so much fun to watch. He wanted to eat each piece of candy as he got it. I think trick-or-treating is his new favorite thing!

The kids got way too much candy and it ended up being a great, but exhausting day. We hope you all had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
(I'll be posting a slideshow as soon as I get it finished!)
Update: I'm having issues getting the slideshow to work, so for now I'm leaving it off.

6 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Great pictures.
Both of your girls are so dang pretty!
And Mr. Cannon was my favorite Trick-or-Treater on the planet!
Good call on the cousins party, I think all the kids had a blast.
Pam

Cindy Smith said...

Cute costumes! Love the pirate!
I am so jealous, trick or treating with the cousins... our kids had no one to go with but themselves this year, I felt bad. They would have loved to be there with all the cousins.

Michael and Kari said...

Such cuties! Love all the costumes. We had a firefighter at our house that matched Cannon!

Me, Myself and I said...

I can't BELIEVE what a cute pirate Savana makes - Sidney is the PERFECT Tinkerbell - and I can't think of a more perfect fireman!! DARLING!!!!

Leslie said...

It says a lot when you can be dressed as a pirate and still look beautiful! SO CUTE!!!!!

dinosrule said...

I love everyones costumes! They are sssooo cute!!!